For aspiring foreign truck drivers keen on working in Canada and meeting all the hiring company’s criteria, numerous trucking companies extend visa sponsorship opportunities for truck driver positions.
Truck driving jobs in Canada present several benefits, including flexibility and the possibility of unskilled labor, which often doesn’t demand extensive training or education – although some level of certification may be necessary.
The present moment offers an excellent opportunity to explore truck-driving jobs in Canada with available visa sponsorships! Feel free to read this post thoroughly and promptly apply for any open positions that interest you!
Truck Driver Demand Rate
Embarking on a career as a truck driver in Canada promises an exhilarating, stable, and enduring journey. With significant demand for truck drivers nationwide, this noble profession is among today’s most sought-after and in-demand professions.
The Government of Canada highlights the acute shortage within the country’s truck driving industry, a trend observed since 2021. Employers need help in rapidly hiring enough truck drivers to meet the demand.
Trucking HR Canada estimates that between now and 2025, Canada will need to hire over 17,000 new truck drivers annually.
Rest assured that as a truck driver in Canada, your job security is solidified by the ever-increasing demand. Moreover, many companies offer attractive salaries and various bonuses, making this profession even more enticing for aspiring drivers.
Requirements for Truck Driving in Canada
In Canada, aspiring truck drivers must complete an accredited training course, which usually lasts up to three months and is offered at vocational schools or community colleges.
Depending on the type of truck they’ll be operating, they may require either a Class 3 or D license for straight-body trucks or a Class 1 or A permit for long combination vehicles.
Foreign individuals seeking truck driving jobs in Canada must first secure sponsorship from a company they wish to work with before applying for their work permit.
Obtaining a Canada truck driving visa falls under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), which allows non-Canadian citizens and permanent residents to fill labor shortages by applying to this program and working under its conditions.
Truck drivers have the potential to work in various positions, including but not limited to:
- Long-distance truck driver
- Bulk goods truck driver
- Automobile carrier driver
- Cement mixer driver (construction
Escort Transportation Ltd provides truck drivers with opportunities for employment such as these roles:
- Gasoline truck driver
- Fuel oil truck driver
- Gravel hauler
- Log hauler
Truck driving offers numerous career options in Canada and is therefore an attractive career path.
General Skills/Qualifications Of Truck Drivers
Here are the essential qualities and priorities required for the role:
- Effective Communication
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Discipline in Work Approach
- Trustworthiness and Reliability
- Proficient Navigation Skills
- Sound Driving Abilities
- Patience in Dealing with Challenges
- Fundamental Mechanical Knowledge
- Upholding an Exemplary Driving Record
- Prioritizing Safety and Care Above All Else
Truck Driving Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship are Now Available
Exciting job opportunities for truck drivers in Canada are now available, and interested applicants can start completing the application forms immediately!
Russel Metals presents a competitive compensation package, which includes the following:
- A generous base pay offering.
- An appealing profit-sharing program.
- A comprehensive benefits program and a pension plan for the group.
- Various reward and recognition initiatives.
As an organization dedicated to Employment Equity principles, Russel Metals strives to maintain a diverse, fair, and inclusive workforce. They encourage all qualified individuals to apply and join their multicultural team.
Alberta Industrial Metals in Red Deer is actively seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the Truck Driver/Warehouse personnel position at their Red Deer location.
It is a full-time permanent position reporting directly to the Operations Manager. The role involves operating a Semi Tractor with 53 trailers to transport heavy loads and handle various warehouse tasks. The offered hourly rate is $27.18/hr.
Candidates should know that safety is a top priority in the work environment, necessitating a medical examination and drug assessment, including marijuana testing, as part of the pre-employment process.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Adhering to safety guidelines while carrying out duties.
- Operating overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Picking and packaging materials according to customer requirements.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Ensuring a high-quality customer experience.
- Conducting thorough inspections of vehicles and equipment.
- Abiding by workplace policies and regulations, including health and safety guidelines.
- Performing daily preventative maintenance and keeping trucks and trailers clean.
- Complying with Ministry of Transportation requirements during tasks.
- Securing and strapping materials for secure transportation.
- Safely operating the vehicle by local laws.
- Maintaining necessary logs and records according to company and Ministry of Transportation policies.
Education and Skills Required
- Possession of a Clean Class I with Air driver’s license.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent education.
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
- Ability to handle heavy lifting.
- Strong understanding of math and measurements.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
If you meet the specified qualifications and possess the required skills, this opportunity awaits you at Alberta Industrial Metals.
Please apply now for a chance to join their dedicated team and contribute to a fulfilling career in the truck driving and warehouse domain.
AZ / DZ Truck Driver
Russel Metals strongly emphasizes maintaining a safe and secure working environment. They seek a highly motivated individual to fill the AZ/DZ Truck Driver position at their Kingston, ON Branch.
The Operations Manager directly supervises the full-time, permanent job. Please note that the candidate selected for this position must undergo a pre-employment health and drug assessment, including marijuana testing, due to the sensitive safety considerations within the working environment.
Responsibilities for the position
- Adhering to all requirements specified by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Conducting thorough inspections of the vehicle and the materials being transported.
- Ensuring secure strapping and fastening of materials for safe transportation.
- Safely operating the vehicle in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Maintaining detailed records and logs by Company policy and Ministry of Transportation regulations.
- Using the company’s electronic and communication equipment with professionalism and respect.
- Presenting a professional appearance and engaging with customers courteously.
- Completing work assignments within specified deadlines and client specifications.
- Coordinating with the Transportation/Shipping department to communicate any delivery delays or inquiries.
- Executing all tasks safely and securely as directed by management.
- Demonstrating appropriate, professional, and respectful conduct while completing all missions.
- Undertaking other assigned functions as directed by management.
- Actively participating in all company-led training programs.
Education and Skills Required:
- A valid driver’s Abstract is required.
- Completion of Grade 12 or an equivalent education.
- A clean, safe driving record for at least three years.
- Proficient reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English.
- Experience using a box trailer or slider kit is an advantage.
- Starting Hourly Rate: $20.00/hr
- After completing the probationary period (3 months), an increase of $2.50 per hour will be provided.
- After accumulating nine (9) years of experience, an additional expansion of $.30 per hour will be granted.
- Upon completion of twelve (12) months of employment, the total rate in classification ($23.50/hr) will be applicable.
- If you meet the outlined qualifications and possess the required skills, seize this opportunity at Russel Metals in Kingston, ON.
Please apply now to join their dedicated team and embark on a rewarding career as a Truck Driver.
How To Apply
To access further details, kindly follow the link provided below. Once you are redirected to their official website, use the search box to enter the job title “Truck Driver.” Upon displaying all available positions, complete the application form for careers that fit with your skills and preferences.
Upon concluding the latest update on Truck Driver Jobs In Canada, it becomes evident that driving trucks is exceedingly challenging.
Nevertheless, it is also rewarding, offering an appealing salary and the benefit of flexible working hours.